Thursday, May 17, 2012

Almond butter patience

Hey guys!

Happy almost Friday! How's the week going so far? I am so proud to say that I have been doing very good with my push up challenge! I am doing at least 20 a day! And I feel they keep getting easier and easier, meaning I will have to up my push up count!

So last Sunday was my second Mother's Day as a mother, and it is just awesome to be one! I couldn't have it any other way! I was surprised by this....


I was one happy mamma! I wanted one for a while, specially now with trying the raw diet, which means a lot of chopping and processing! The first thing that came in mind was to make almond butter, of course!

I knew it was pretty easy, just put the almonds and process until you get a smooth paste. But I did a quick google research and one website said process for about 15 minutes. Yeah.... right....

After 15 minutes I didn't have a paste, not even close to it. All I had was almond flour (at least it's a start, right...). Once a got a good flour going and it started to stick to the bottom, I knew I was getting somewhere and I added some coconut oil and maple syrup. It took me about 30-40 minutes of processing and scraping and then....


TAH DAHHH!!!! Almond butter!!! I was pretty impressive with it! It tasted pretty awesome, and despite the fact it takes a long time to make it, it is super easy! Plus, it is worth it if you can get the almonds at a good sale price! (I get mine at costco)

I will definitely try with other nuts. Cashew butter will be next!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So remember our insanity challenge? It were going to start in June, but decided to rush things and we are starting next week! A good friend of ours is going to join us and we find a time that the three of us can do it at the same time! I am frankly a little scared but so excited to try something new!

LET THE BIKINI SEASON START! INSANITY STYLE!

What's your favorite nut butter???

No comments:

Post a Comment