Monday, June 18, 2012

Raw diet day 1

Happy Monday!

How was the weekend? We sure had a great time at our friend's bachelorette weekend! Post about that coming soon!

Well, as we have been talking about, me and Amy decided to go on a raw food diet as one of our summer goals. And we started today, so I'm going to show you my first day going completely raw.

I found out very quickly that is going to take a lot of preparation and planning ahead, specially with a daughter and a husband to feed. I spent a big part of Sunday afternoon making a week menu and preparing a grocery list. We had the chance to go to an awesome health food market during the week so we stock up with some goodies that we needed to get started.

Everything was organized and ready to go!


For breakfast I found a great smoothie recipe that was super easy and very filling. Mint chocolate chip smoothie.


It kinda looked like a cookies and cream shake! That is definitely going to the favorites!!!

I did get really hungry around 11, so I snacked on some grapes and prepared my lunch around noon.


This was just amazing! I have some leftover pesto and it will be a repeat for lunch tomorrow! Carrot and zucchini pasta with walnut pesto with tomatoes and olives. We got this cool little peeler that peels the veggie into spaghetti strips. I thought about a spiralizer, but this one is much cheaper, fits in my drawer and it serves it purpose!

After a long walk with a friend and before zumba I was ready for a pick me up snack. I've been into smoothies and juices lately, I guess!


Berry coconut smoothie. It was good, but I don't know if I'm crazy about it. I used half of a banana and I didn't like it on this particular smoothie. Maybe I'll try without the nana next time! Any suggestions???

I know is going to take me a few weeks to get used to not eating animal protein and more filling foods. By the time I got home I was starving and it took me a lot of effort to not open the pantry and go to town! I ate some grapes and make a nice salad.


I'm loving it how pretty my food is looking! I made a spinach salad with apples, walnuts, red onions and a warm maple cinnamon vinaigrette. It was delicious, but I was still hungry after. I needed something extra after teaching zumba and doing insanity back to back.

I had the other half of the apple with raw almond butter and a few more grapes.

I felt really good throughout the day, and didn't feel super full like I was feeling before so  would say it was a successfully raw day! I need to find dinner recipes that pack a heavier punch to fill me up.

--------------------------------

It is pouring here right now, so it's time to lay in bed and listen to the storm!!!

Until next time. Stay healthy and raw! :)

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment