Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Summer goals

Hey guys!

How's the week going so far? Are you guys doing the stretch challenge? I've been stretching, but could do a little better... well, I have until the end of the week to redeem myself, right???

It's been about two months we started our blog, and entering the "blog world" has been an amazing thing. There is such a strong community and it's great to find women with the same goals, women that are strong inside and out and the great support we pass each other is just incredible! We just hope to increase our network, continue to find great support and make friends along the way!

Most blogs that we have been reading are about people that are on a quest for a healthy lifestyle (or are already there) and they achieve it by eating healthy and exercising. And we all do that different ways, with different forms of exercises, different approaches on food and on our own different time frame.

Inspired by the amazing world of blogging and all things that come with it, we decided to set up some goals for the summer. There are a lot of new things we want to try, so we better get our list going and let the summer fun begin!


Julia's Goals......

Try crossfit... this summer I want to start different kind of weight bearing exercises instead of just lifting weights, and now with all this crossfit craze, I am dying to try! It is about an hour away, but if I can convince Amy to do it with me we could manage once a week! :)

Yoga... I love yoga, and I really want to try to find time to do it more often. I feel awesome when I am done and is a great balance with all the classes and running that I do. I recently bought Bob Harper Yoga for the Warrior and is a great yoga routine. There are a bunch of challenging poses that I would love to accomplish by the end of the summer, including a headstand (it's not on the DVD but it is one of my goals).

Go raw... well, we have a lot of similar goals! Going raw is something that we want to do together and held each other countable, because this IS going to be a challenge!

Do Kettlebels... I know some basic moves that I like to incorporate into my routines and use on my clients, but I would like to be more familiar with it and learn new moves! I just bought this puppy to get me going...



Enjoy the sun! I learned really quick about the short summers in Michigan, so every chance that I get I will be outside enjoying it with my daughter as much as I can!


Amy's Goals.....

Go raw... This summer I want to eat raw for the whole summer.  Last year I lasted three weeks!  But I felt so great afterwards, I want to commit to the whole summer.

Do more Yoga...  Yoga is something I've always enjoyed and been interested in learning more about.  I've
taken a few classes of both restorative and hot yoga.  I plan on doing more hot yoga.  This may pose a problem because the closest hot yoga studio is 45 minutes away!  But I will set a goal of doing yoga at least once a week.

Pinterest via Tumblr

Go to the beach... since I live in Michigan I have plenty of sources of water to choose from!  Plus swimming is a great way to stay in shape.



Commit to at least 30 minutes of exercise a day..... This could include anything!  Running, biking, swimming, zumba, pilates, yoga, weight training, whatever!

Train for a mud run....  I'm not even sure what that may entail..... this may call for a little research.



 

What are your goals for this summer?



No comments:

Post a Comment