Thursday, June 14, 2012

Half Marathon recap

Hey guys!

I hope you are having a great week so far. The weather here in Michigan has been awesome, so no complaints here!

I know is Thursday and I am just now writing about my half this past weekend. Just been so busy didn't have time. But here it is, better later than never I guess! :)

I had my second half marathon this past weekend, and it was a great experience!


The race started at 8am, which I was a little worried about the weather being too hot. But being by the water, it was much cooler than I thought and the wind was going strong.

Once we started, the weather was just THE perfect running weather for me. I was loving it! Half a mile through the race, I glanced at my garmin for a quick pace check and guess what... DEAD.... AGAIN... not a happy camper. (has anybody had this problem with a garmin?). It has to be the inside battery, I need to have it checked.

Well, I really couldn't let it ruin my race, I did have 13 miles to go. So I just let it go and went with my instincts based on how I fell. I was keeping a pretty good time based on the miles check, and then... we hit the trails! We were on trail run for about 2 miles, and it was so much fun! It was full of hills and fluffy sand lots of branches. I definitely fell a slow down of pace. At the end of the trail there was this huge dune drop which covered my shoes with sand!

Off to the pavement we were and I was glad! I was kept a decent pace and fell pretty consistent throughout despite the hilly course. After a hill on mile 12 I was so ready for the finish line!




Official time 1:49:31. No PR this time, but I was pleased with my time! It is always so good to finish and see this little face waiting for me! Even though she doesn't look too happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment