Wednesday, June 6, 2012

WIAW best of the week edition

This week we are shifting gears just a little and presenting you with our  "best"  eats of the week. Jen from Peas and Crayons is doing a Snack Sensible WIAW for the month of June, so we are adding some snacks here and wait for a snack only edition next week!



Amy.......

This a little more my style, I'm sure I was becoming quite predictable with my Wednesday eating habits.  But now I have the opportunity to present you with some of my favorite meals this week. 

I am so in love with salads!!!!  I never used to be, but since last week's WOW salad., I am inspired to create more delicious versions.  This week I decided to push the envelope and add fruit.  This can be tricky when packing your salad for lunch.  If you pack everything together (salad and fruit) the lettuce leaves will start to wilt and turn nasty!  Lesson learned.  Pack everything separate.

Strawberry Mango Salad .......romaine, strawberries, mangoes, sunflower seeds.
Dressing.....Blueberry vinaigrette - I made it myself!!!!




We here at the fit spoon have literally been going insane!!!!  I have been following the Insanity calendar relentlessly!!!!  So all that effort deserves a good snack or pre-workout treat right?

My new favorite pre-workout treat.......  a banana sliced in half with almond butter and a few organic chocolate chips (60%+ Cacoa)

This has to be my worst picture to date- I NEEED a photography intervention!  Even if the picture is horrible, the almond butter goodness makes up for it! 

Julia...

No secret I LOVE almond butter too! Gotta have a spoon of it every day! I recently started making my own, and I am getting pretty close to perfection! My favorite breakfast?


Ezekiel grain english muffin with almond butter and banana. That is my pre-run breakfast, and since I did a late morning run, fave breakfast it was!

This week I bought a huge box of mangoes, so I had to be creative with my food to include this awesome fruit in.


Brown rice mango and raspberry hickory chicken. The chicken was a bit spicy which was perfect with the sweetness of the mango on the rice.

Now that I have my herb garden I can start playing with my herbs, and my favorite thing to do is...



Tomato, basil and goat cheese salad. So little ingredients with a lot of flavor. I sprinkled olive oil and balsamic vinegar and some sea salt. It doesn't get any cleaner than that!


Today was such an awesome day we ate outside. Steamed brocolini, baby carrots and stuffed chicken with spinach, tomatoes and goat cheese.

And since is snack month...


This has been my favorite snack recently. Chobani plain yogurt with pineapple and homemade granola. Need that fuel to go through a Zumba class and insanity!

What's your favorite snack?



No comments:

Post a Comment