Sunday, June 3, 2012

FIT SPOON CHALLENGE... H2O

Hi guys!

How was the weekend? Getting warm out and it feels soooo good! I love the hot months!

So we skipped (ooops) the challenge last weekend but we are back with a new challenge for this week! And the challenge is...


Drink more H2O!!! It can't get any simpler than that, right? But a lot of us with a busy schedule, kids, errands sometimes end up forgetting to drink enough water (how much should we drink anyways?).

There is not a exact amount of water that we should be drinking. It always depend of the level of activity, weight, climate... so for our challenge we are going to shoot for 2L of water a day!



There are a few tricks that I use that help me to sneak in some water into me...\
-have a glass or two first thing when you wake up
-have a glass (8 ounces) before every meal
-carry your water bottle with you everywhere you go
-dress up your water!

I recently planted my herbs, which I was so excited about it. I got two different kinds of mint. Sweet mint and apple mint. And one of the main reasons I got two kinds is to put in my water!


I've been putting mint (you have to bruise it first to get the juices out) and chia seeds in my water and I am addicted to it! I love chia seeds after a long run or a tough work out. When you put in the water the tiny seeds form a gel around it that expands, making you feel full longer. AND they are packed with omega-3 and antioxidants.

You can also put some lemon, lime, or even other fruits, like pineapple or strawberries.

Have a great week and WATER ON!!!!


How do you drink your water??

No comments:

Post a Comment