Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WIAW

WIAW

Time to show our eats! Thanks Jenn from Peas and Crayons!!!


Amy's WIAW

Be prepared to be WOWed.  If you've been following us you have already figured out that I'm not much of a cook and I generally eat the same things each week.  With a few exceptions, I may have outdone myself today.........

Breakfast.......You guessed it!  Chocolate Protein shake with spinach alongside a toasted whole wheat english muffin.


Lunch..... If you generally skip past my lunch (some days I wish I could), get ready because I created this AWESOME salad!!!!  Yep all of it.  In fact I spent most of last night preparing the ingredients. 




                                          
DELISH.....romaine lettuce, roasted corn, spicy roasted chickpeas, white cheddar cheese, tortilla strips and sparkling H2O!  This is the BEST salad I have ever created!  This baby packs it all with sweet, spicy and savory flavors.  The roasted corn adds a touch of sweetness, while the spicy chickpeas bring the heat, and the white cheddar ties it all together.  

Dinner.....

After some INSANITY  I put together this little plate of odds and ends.  Grilled veggie burger on top of dill pickles with some grilled carrots.  The carrots were a little crunchy (I took them off the grill  too soon).


If you are a mustard lover like me......check out Jack Daniels Honey Dijon.  This stuff is good on just about anything!


Julia's WIAW

After my routine run and yoga (did a headstand for the first time!) I had one of my favorites...


Ezekiel cinnamon raisin english muffin with almond butter and banana. I used to eat this every day for breakfast, but I decided to add some variation and now I do around twice a week.

Holly was on a roll today, and she did not want to take a nap. I think she is transitioning to one nap a day! Even with her awake I was on a cooking frenzy this morning. I made a batch of almond butter, one of granola, made mac n' cheese for the munchkin and whipped up a veggie crazy lunch...


Red quinoa salad with spinach, fresh corn, tomatoes, broccoli, asparagus and chicken sausage! It was pretty awesome! I love quinoa, and for the first time hubby ate it and he actually liked it!

Before my Zumba class I needed a little snack...


I went to the back yard to pick up some mint for my smoothie and Holly ran to the slide! So I whipped up my drink and joined her outside. Pineapple, kiwi, coconut water and spinach. YUM!

I got home hungry and ready to watch Brazil vs USA soccer match, so leftovers it was!

After dinner treat...


I can't wait for our local farmers market to start having strawberries!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment