Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WIAW

It's Wednesday and it's time to look back on the today's eats. WIAW created by Jenn from Peas and Crayons! Thanks for hosting!

Amy's WIAW

Today's meal choices made the list because of their convenience.  I wasn't even running late, or being lazy, I just went with what sounded good (and they just happened to be convenient).

Breakfast........protein shake and toasted english muffin (I can't get enough of these things).
 
For the shake I blended together  Warrior Chocolate Protein powder and a handful of spinach.  It was pretty tasty!   Since we started Insanity this week, I need extra protein to help me power through the insane workouts!!!!!

Lunch......Amy's Organic Brown Rice, Tofu, and vegetable bowl.


This stuff is good!  Although, the pieces of tofu are too big for my me, so I have to make them into smaller pieces.  Plus it's organic. 

Snack........ Fage Greek yogurt.....yum even without adding fruit.


After a grueling dose of Insanity, I was craving some Jimmy Johns.  So I ordered my favorite......
a Vegetarian on wheat, no mayo, no tomatoes with Dijon mustard (I could put this stuff on anything).  



I love, love, love their wheat bread.....I'm sure they add a lot of fattening stuff to make it taste so good.

Julia's WIAW

After a easy 4 miler (10K race Saturday!) followed by yoga, I was ready for some breakfast!

Whole wheat toast with homemade almond butter and pineapple and strawberry juice with coconut water!
After a morning of playing with dolls and toys (wouldn't trade for the world) I had time to make some lunch while Holly napped.

I tried a new chicken recipe. Coconut crusted chicken with sugar snap peas and shiitake mushrooms. The chicken tasted great, but a little tough. I have to leave it less time in the oven!
Before my Zumba class I had an apple with some almond butter.

It was such a perfect day outside, that when I got back we just hang outside and grilled!


Also a new recipe! (I guess I was inspired today!). I made apple and maple turkey sliders with maple mayo (used fat free miracle whip) and grilled asparagus. It was awesome!!! I love grilled asparagus!

And to get into the RAW groove, raw dessert it was! Key lime cheesecake. The recipe is from the Pure2Raw girls. Thanks for the amazing recipe!


What's your favorite thing to put on the grill?

No comments:

Post a Comment