Thursday, May 3, 2012

WIAW Second Edition

Hello!

Ready for another WIAW? Thanks Jenn from Peas and Crayons for being and awesome host! I am loving it!
Julia's WIAW...

I started my day with a awesome yoga session. It was great timing because as soon as I finish, munchkin was up and ready to go! And we had this for breakfast...
Oatmeal with one spoon of almond butter with some strawberries, chia seeds and honey on top. Delicious!
During the morning I kinda wanted something to crunchy to munch on, so I had a kashi granola bar. I got the recipe from Laura at Mommy, run fast and they are super easy to make and taste awesome!


Me and Holly headed to a deli restaurant for lunch with a friend that is moving out of town. I wish we had more options in our small town, but we had to work with what we have, I guess!


I had half  of a greek salad with feta cheese, peppers and olives and half of a wrap with hummus, feta cheese and veggies. It was ok, nothing huge. No, I didn't eat the potato chips...

I had a great tempo run in the afternoon, and when I finished I was hungry and needed a little snack before dinner.


Plain greek yogurt with a sprinkle of homemade granola (recipe coming soon). I love that stuff!

I was such a nice day outside so when Derek got home from work we went for a walk around the neighborhood. So nice! Holly got to hold the leash and take Melbourne (our Australian Shepperd) for a walk. She got a kick out of it!
I am SO mad! I totally forgot to take a picture of dinner, and it was a healthy one too! When I remembered it was too late, and all we had left was a fillet of salmon for tomorrow...
(terrible picture..)
And it was already on the container! I had a bed of spring mix greens with quinoa, broccoli and sweet potatoes with a piece of maple glazed salmon. This salmon recipe is just amazing!!!

Then I decided to make dessert, a raw dessert!


I made lime cream cakes inspired by the girls from Pure2raw! The recipe is amazing and is raw, gluten free, vegan and dairy free!


Amy's WIAW

I started the day out with one of my favorite combinations..........greek yogurt, raspberries and granola. 
Normally I had a touch of honey, but I ran out.  So it was a little tart....



For lunch I planed on having a delightful salad.....but......one of my students put it in the freezer instead.  YUCK!   So I ran to subway for a veggie sub (I  must admit I did eat the chips).  In my haste I forgot to snap a picture. 



For dinner I made vegetarian chili with quina.  I have never tried it, but what a great way to add more protein and nutrients.  Let me tell you it was as delicious as it looks!!!!!



As you can tell I like my chili chunky!  Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment