Saturday, May 5, 2012

Get your GREEN on - Chalenge

Stretching Challenge results or lack there of ............. (Amy)

This weekend is flying by and I still have so much to do.....but first I must reflect on last week's challenge.  I must say that this challenge was challenging!  I got so wrapped up in my daily demands that some days I forgot to stretch.  Ugh!  I know right? If anyone needs the extra down time and relaxation that stretching provides it's me!  I vow to take more time to stretch - especially after exercising!

Julia......

well.... I didnt do as good as I would like it either! I did stretch every day after my classes and runs, but not at night as I would have hoped for (I did do yoga twice last week!) This challenge will continue for me until it becomes more of a lifestyle change as I know how important it is for my job.

This week's Challenge....

Getting your greens in one smoothie at a time.



This week we want you to up your 'green' intake!  Yes, that's right we want you to eat more veggies.....and we want you  to do it one green smoothie at a time.  

Green Smoothies?

I started blending these years ago when I decided to become a vegetarian.  At the time I wasn't getting enough nutrients.  Back then I blended protein powder with fruit, milk and spinach.  My first attempts were horrible, leaving me gaging after every sip! After lots of experimenting, I have come up with some great combinations. These days I blend together kale or spinach, milk (almond), fruit, seeds and powders.

Here is my favorite recipe:  

1 cup of spinach or kale
1/2 cup of frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries or raspberries)
1 cup of Almond milk (vanilla)
1 tablespoon of chia seeds or flax seeds

I found this on Pinterest and it gives you a little "formula" to prepare your smoothie anyway you want it. Enjoy!



So get out your blender and get ready to add more nutrients to your diet! Experiment with different fruit combinations but always add in that cup of green.  The benefits of green smoothies are endless, and you will reap the benefits!

What is your favorite 'green' combination?




No comments:

Post a Comment