Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WIAW Mexican style

 

This weeks WIAW.  Thanks again Jenn (Peas and Crayons)!

Amy's WIAW

BreakFAST......
It's Wednesday again!  It seems like every time we do WIAW's my day is so crazy!  Today was no exception.  This morning I rushed around to get to work on time, so I didn't have time for a 'green' smoothie.  Instead I had to eat on the go!

So......  Almond butter and bananas on a toasted english muffin it is!

This was my picture from last time- today's version was on a paper plate. 

Lunch....

Since this week is teacher appreciation week at our school so we get a special treat each day of the week.  Isn't it nice to be appreciated?  I think so!

Today's treat:  Lunch compliments of the wonderful ladies in the cafeteria.

It was DELICIOUS!  Romain lettuce with strawberries, mandarin oranges, pineapple, toasted walnuts and sparkling water.


Dinner.....

After a nice long walk, I met up with some friends at a local Mexican restaurant.  We DID enjoy a few of these...

and I indulged just a little with my favorite south of the border treat:  Vegetarian Quesadillas!



YUM!  These tortillas were packed with onion, tomatoes, green peppers and cheese! 



JULIA'S WIAW...

I started my day with a nice 5 mile run on the treadmill. Reading Insurgent helps me to keep going longer, because the book keeps getting better and better!

After my run and shower, I had a nice breakfast.


Oatmeal with blueberries, almond butter and some chia seeds. Yummy!
I spent the morning playing legos with Holly and chasing her around. I love mornings that I get to spend with her! Hubby didn't come home from lunch, so I made a quick and delicious lunch for me and Holly...


Baked salmon (Holly had half of it) and portobello mushroom stuffed with spinach and tomatoes. I sprinkled some nutritional yeast on top. It was awesome!!!
Holly had a little photo shoot in the afternoon, and the pics turned out amazing, I have to share one...


I am one proud mamma! Anyways, after we got back home and play MORE legos, nap time it was! I had to get a quick snack before my yoga, so that it was...


This is my new obsession! Chobani yogurt with homemade granola!
After a great yoga session, I headed to Amy's house for a nice walk with her, her dog Murphy, our good friend Amy and Holly! It was quite windy, but it was nice just to walk and catch  up with the girls!

After the walk we headed to the local Mexican place for some drinks and dinner!

It was the first time I ordered that salad, and I will be ordering again! It was a chicken salad with lots of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and cheese!

That was my day! Oh, and I MIGHT have had some dark chocolate chips when I got home! Just maybe........
 


No comments:

Post a Comment