Friday, April 27, 2012

THE FIT SPOON Stretch Challenge

I was actually gonna call it the "pretzel" challenge, but you might think is a food challenge, so I dediced to keep it simple!

How was everybody's week? Mine was pretty busy, but that's what keeps us sane, right? Last Saturday we had our 5 meals challenge. Let us know if you tried it and how you did it!


Julia's Challenge results..... 
I am very happy with my results. I was able to stay with the five meals (except Wednesday) and I did my best not to snack in between, specially at night. It felt great to be able to control  my cravings, and I hope to continue with this challenge for a loooong time!   


Amy's Challenge results....
This was a great challenge for me, I usually just grab whatever, whenever.  Having to eat five meals a day kept me energized and on track. I even attempted to add more protein in my diet, which is something that's hard for me to get in daily.  I'm going to have to make this more than just a challenge - it needs to be a lifestyle change!

Moving on to the next challenge.....

Stretch Challenge!


I know it sounds very boring, but it's necessary, so bare with us! When it comes to stretching, I am NOT the most flexible person on earth. I have to work very hard to be able to keep touching my toes without having the hamstrings scream at me! I have clients that haven't worked out in a long time (or at all) and have no problem twisting and bending like a pretzel. Do I wish I could do that too? Absolutely! Am I gonna do it? hum, problably not. sad.

It is a little frustating when you work so hard on something and you see you still have such a long way to go (like me and stretching, a never ending relationship). But... everybody is different, our bodies are different, so we have to accept our weaknesses and limitations and work on it to make the best of what we have.

So this week's challenge we are going to work on stretching the muscles. Working at the gym I see a lot of people that exercise heavy, get a good sweat on, grab the gym bag and SEE YA! It always takes the back seat for most of us. Stretching is super important for muscle recovery, decreases the risk of injuries and also contributes to improved performance. There are a thousand more benefits, but we will just stay with these for now!

The challenge is to find 15-20 minutes (that's all) of your precious time to add an extra stretch session. You can work on any area of your body that feels thight.So whether it is after your workout or before bed, try to find that little extra time! Hold each stretch for 30 seconds or more.

Ready... Set.... Stretch!!!


Pinterest via Media-Cache5

What's your favorite stretch?

No comments:

Post a Comment