Thursday, April 26, 2012

WIAW First Edition

Hey guys!

Welcome to our first edition of What I Ate Wednesday! Like we mentioned on the previous post, WIAW is a new trend created by Jenn from Peas and Crayons that is taking over all blogs. We decided to give it a try and blog about our Wednesday food adventures! Thanks Jenn for the idea!

Julia's WIAW...

After a great morning 5 mile run, Holly and I headed to a city close by with a couple friends to hit a great neighborhood garage sale. I had to get a good and filling breakfast in to give me "shopping energy", so my favorite breakfast it is!


Whole grain sprouted muffin with almond butter, sliced bananas and a drizzle of raw honey. DELICIOUS!

I was kinda in a hurry to get out of the house so I made a huge mistake of forgetting to pack some snacks. (woopppsss!!!). Since kids always come first, Holly got her snack packed and ready to go!

I never, ever skip lunch. Being hypoglecemic (low blood sugar) taught me how to eat small meals frequently. I try to eat every three hours to keep my blood sugar stable. However, today was a little different.... we were so into our buys that we ended up not eating lunch, and when I looked at the clock, it was almost 4! (but we did have a blast, can't you tell?)


I did find a fig bar in my purse and munched on that on the way home. I got home starving, but I couldn't overeat because I was about to teach Zumba. So I kinda had a breakfast repeat.


Whole wheat toast with almond butter and bananas! I totally ditch peanut butter for the almond one!

I was so ready for dinner, and it was taco night!


Huge bed of lettuce with tomatoes, avocado, a little cheese and ground turkey! It tasted so good!

Later in the evening I had my little treat....


This one is blueberry. I usually get the plain one, but decided to try the flavored and they are awesome! A little more sugar than the plain one, but it is great for a sweet treat! Don't know what I would do without Greek yogurt!

Amy's WIAW...

I started off my day with almond butter and a banana on a whole wheat toasted english muffin too! 




 This is always a great way to get the day started, Especially at 5:30 in the morning!!!  Way too early for anything else!

For lunch I composed a not so inspiring veggie salad and greek yogurt.  But what's a girl to do when you eat on the run?  Some days are better than others! 


Yes, I put my lunch on a nice plate just so I could take a picture! Normally you can find my lunch in tupperware....

Later in the day I snacked on an apple.  

After a grueling practice (I swear there must be something in the air - my students are acting all kinds of crazy), I mustered up the energy and made this tasty dish.   Fiesta rice - Delicious!


I ended the day with some hot tea and a good book! AHHHH!









No comments:

Post a Comment