Monday, July 23, 2012

Wind city weekend fun

Hey guys!

How was everybody's weekend? Mine was sure busy and a whole lot of fun! The family took a little road trip to Chicago! A few main reasons...
- mom and dad were flying in from Brazil to spend some time here with us!
- running the Chicago rock n' roll half marathon (first in Chicago and third overall)
- shopping at the miracle mile (should that be on top of the list?)



We drove to Chicago Friday to meet with my parents and hang out. I went to pick up my race packet that afternoon and check out the fitness expo. This was my biggest race yet, so it was pretty cool to see that big of an expo with so many different vendors and lots of things to do.


And yes, I spent some time on that booth! I've been wanting to get a sparkly headband for a while, and that was my chance to get one! I mean... three!

Bib in hands and ready to go, we headed to the navy pier. It is a neat little place by the water with a bunch of shops, restaurants, entertainment and boat rides.


Derek just loves the movie, so we had to stop at the restaurant! And Holly had to try it on my headbands just to make sure they stay on place during the race!



Taking advantage of granpa and grandma being here, me and Derek were able to spend a little us time while they took Holly back to the room. We enjoyed a couple adult beverages and jammed with the band at the beer garden!




Next day we enjoyed some sight seeing around the city along with some shopping. Millenium park is just an awesome place with lots to do!




Isn't she the cutest little tourist?

There was this huge open lawn with a stage at the park that have all different kinds of activities. And of course, when we were there, ZUMBA was on! I had to go break down some moves! Mom and Holly joined in... so fun!






Holly got her exercise with hula hooping

We just had a blast as a family!


The weekend was just perfect. And of course, Sunday was the big race day, which is coming on the blog tomorrow! :)


What's one of your favorite cities to visit?







No comments:

Post a Comment