Saturday, April 21, 2012

FIT Spoon 5 Meals Challenge

Hey guys!

How is your weekend going? Mine is going ok, except my little girl is sick... poor thing... but hopefully she will get better soon!

How was your planking this week?

Pinterest via Weheartit

We had the challenge of doing a plank this week and hold as long as possible, then when you couldn't hold anymore, hold for an extra 15 minutes! I just loved this challenge, it makes you feel so strong when you are done holding a plank for several minutes. I will definatelly continue planking (almost) every day! And this is how we did...

I did the planks every day except Friday (oooops)... I know.. I know... I was a little disapointed, but I had a crazy day taking Holly to the doctor and taking care of her at home. When she is sick all she wants do to is cuddle, and I will take that over planking ANY DAY! Anyways... my longest plank was 4 minutes! YAY! It was definatelly a challenge, and a real mental game too, but the feeling is awesome. I am hoping to get to 5 minutes soon!

Amy did better with her planking, she was able to do it every day! And her longest plank was 3 minutes and 30 seconds! GO AMY!!! Maybe we can do the same challenge in a few weeks to track our improvement.

NEXT WEEK'S CHALLENGE...
__________________________________________________________________

5 Meals a day!
For the next challenge we thought it would be fun doing something nutrition related, since we just did a physical one. Everybody knows how inportant it is to have small meals throughout the day. But do you do it??? There are a lot of benefits in having 5 to 6 meals a day instead of three big ones. Some of the perks are...
- control blood sugar
- avoid overeating
- increase metabolism, burning more calories throughout the day
- keep energy levels constant

So the challenge for this week??? Have five small meals a day! Pretty easy??? We are going to try to have the usual breakfast lunch and dinner plus two healthy snacks during the day.

So if you like to skip breakfast or you are a snacker (like me!) this is a great challenge! I can't wait to start this challenge tomorrow! The hardest time of day for me is at night, after dinner, when I feel the need to snack, even though I had dinner not too long ago. And it is in this area that I want to improve this weel! How are going to imrpove your 5 meals? Adding breakfast? Having a fruit instead of a candy bar in the afternoon?

---------------------------------------------------------------

This week I made a very unusual dessert. My friend Marilyn told me about this and I thought it was so weird, but decided to give it a try. It is DELICIOUS! I made a few changes to the recipe and this is what I came up with...

Avocado mousse



Igredients:
-2 ripe avocados
-1/2 cup agave
-3/4 cup cocoa (it depends how dark you like it)
-1 tbs cocconut oil

Method:
Scoop the avocados out of the skin and mash it with a fork in a medium bowl. Mix it in a food processor or a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add the rest of ingredients and mix until all combine. Refrigerate for at least an hour. YUM!!!! Thanks for the recipe Marilyn!



Let me know what you think!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment